Well, I've spent enough time wandering around the internet to know that there are multitudes of people giving us a log of their travels. Many of them (including this one) are listed on the HitchItch site -- click the logo on the right to go check out some others.
2. I-10, End To End : Adventure Begins! Happenings and pictures from Tallahassee, FL to Quartzsite, AZ 3. Quartzsite, BTDT : (Been There, Done That) Initial Quartzsite visit with explanations of Long-Term Visitor Areas
10. Glory! : More on La Posa; Trading in the Polaroid One-Step for a digital camera 14. Q-Gridlock : Late January, Quartzsite over-run with RVers, pictures of RVs everywhere
28. Florida: Big Fish : My deep-sea fishing adventure, including sharks, sailfish, and many others (plus people) 29. USA: Sunsets : A collection of photos of stunning sunsets from Arizona to Florida
35. Cool and Unusual RVs & "Stuff" : A collection of some of the strange and really cool RVs I've seen -- and other cool stuff, like cars, truck, license plates, and billboards
37. All About Slide-Outs : A study of slide-out rooms on Class A motorhomes -- Interesting if you're about to buy one -- probably boring if you're not 41. A Couple of Great Rides : What started out to be all about my rides on the river and in the 1932 Ford coupe turn out to be just some nice pictures of the Little River and the Foothills of the Smokies near Townsend. 42. Season Finale : Everybody else is having one, so I decided to also! Actually, you'll see some photos of some really great-looking classic cars and hot rods at a show in Townsend.
47. Cruisin' the Coast : Ha Ha -- different kind of cruisin' -- this time it's on a casino cruise ship -- complete with my winning multi-deck Blackjack system and info on the Jetty Park Campground.
48. How I Spent My Easter Vacation : A winning weekend trip to the Grand Casino in Tunica, Mississippi. Plus, if you're interested, the Nobody Knows It But Me -- Chevy Tahoe commercial.
51. Lost in Mt. Dora : A weekend visit to a sweet little Florida town full of antique and gift shops.
62. A Visit to Helen : We take a pleasant, slow trip through Georgia, Alabama, and to several WiFi campgrounds.
70. Fish of the Day! : Our first fishing adventure in the Atlantic - with photos of a really large Dolphin!
91. My Last RV Trip: Fun trip to Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana, before saying goodbye to the RV forever.
THUS ENDS THIS TRAVEL LOG
2007 Update! All the photos (Chapters 1 through 36) are now on Shutterfly.com if you want to view them quicker, but without my colorful comments.
When I was working, I'd often read others' travel logs just to get some "virtual" travel time in. I guess my intent here is to address this type of "office-bound" readers as well as those about to embark on an RVing lifestyle and interested in learning what's ahead. As I add new chapters, you'll see the links appear below.
Caution to First-Time Visitors: In the first 9 chapters, I was struggling with a Polaroid One-Step and a Scanner, so pictures are somewhat amateurish. They're better in Chapter 10 and thereafter. Up through Chapter 17, pictures are on separate pages from the travel log text. In Chapter 18 and thereafter, I integrated the pictures with the words, after learning a little more about making them load faster. Maybe someday I'll get around to going back to clean-up the first 17 chapters ... or maybe not -- hahaha.
Another add-on: I joined Passport America way before I started this travel log and I'm still (2011) sold on them. You'll see several references to them throughout the log. If you're interested in joining, click the link below. Go to Best Camping Club page for more info.
My Travel Log
Nothing in this site is copyrighted -- I'd be honored if you'd
reuse anything you find here for your website