18 THINGS TO DO WITH BOUNCE
Below are some hints on things to do with Bounce (or any other dryer sheet like Bounce). By the way, if you don't have any dryer sheets, pour some Downy Fabric Softener on a handkerchief and throw it in your dryer -- same effect as Bounce.
1. Use it to clean dead bugs from the front of the car or RV. Just wet the Bounce sheet and squeeze it a few times until it lathers up. Then wipe the bugs from your bumber, windshield, and front facia. Rinse or wipe off lather. It's the proteins in the Bounce that dissolve the dead bugs.
2. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.
3. Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
4. Eliminates static electricity from your television or computer screen. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
5. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
6. Freshen the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
7. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
8. Prevent musty suitcases. Place a single sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
9. Freshen the air in your car or RV. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat, sofa, or wherever seems appropriate. JUST SHOVE IT ON TOP OF THE DRIED FRENCH FRIES!
10. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food.
11. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
12. Collect pet hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
13. Eliminate static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
14. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
15. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
16. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
17. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
18. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.
-- Joyce Magill, Gainesville, Florida
Nothing in this site is copyrighted -- I'd be honored if you'd reuse anything you find here for your website
Well, it's like a Dear Heloise -- you know, the lady who gives all those neat household tips. Sort of like a McGyver for the home. Oldguy is a handle that I use on the Internet -- in the chatrooms, card games, etc. Sometimes it's Oldguy2 or Oldguy3, depending on who got there before me. So Dear Oldguy will be a page of tips and tricks that I think are worthwhile -- most will be relevant to RVs and travelling (naturally), but not necessarily all.
If you have anything that you think would be appropriate, write to Dear Oldguy at email@example.com. That picture to the right is me -- now don't I just look like a Dear Oldguy? If you enjoy a little risque tongue-in-cheek humor, click here to read some more advice from Oldguy. CAUTION: Not intended for wives without a sense of humor.
To check out what Heloise has to say, click her logo
SOME GREAT HOME CURES
Did You Know That?
Drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately -- without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional "pain relievers."
Did you know that Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?
Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They'll clear up your stuffed nose.
Achy muscles from a bout of the flu? Mix 1 Tablespoon of horseradish in cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil, for instant relief for aching muscles.
Sore Throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.
Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the
symptoms. Alka -Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly -- even though the product was never been advertised for this use.
Eliminate puffiness under your eyes..... All you need is a dab of preparation H, carefully rubbed into the skin, avoiding the eyes. The hemorrhoid ointment acts as a vasoconstrictor, relieving the swelling instantly.
Honey remedy for skin blemishes... Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a band-aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin, sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.
Listerine therapy for toenail fungus... Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The
powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.
Easy eyeglass protection... To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear nail polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.
Coca-Cola cure for rust... Forget those expensive rust removers. Just saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job done.
Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drop to the ground instantly.
Smart splinter remover... just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue allover the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.
Hunt's tomato paste boil cure... cover the boil with Hunt's tomato paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.
Balm for broken blisters... To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine... a powerful antiseptic.
Heinz vinegar to heal bruises... Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.
Kills fleas instantly. Dawn dish washing liquid does the trick. Add a few drops to your dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Goodbye fleas.
Rainy day cure for dog odor... Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.
Eliminate ear mites... All it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.
Vaseline cure for hair balls..... To prevent troublesome hair balls, apply a dollop of Vaseline petroleum jelly to your cat's
nose. The cat will lick off the jelly, lubricating any hair in its stomach so it can pass easily through the digestive system.
Quaker Oats for fast pain relief.... It's not for breakfast anymore! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl
and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.
-- Author Unknown